Announcement of National Award for Divyang
- 26 Oct 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
On October 25, 2021, Haryana Speech and Hearing Disabled Welfare Society, Panchkula was selected for the National Award for Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities in the category of Best Employer for the year 2021.
- Swati Jangid, an Indian Sign Language teacher who has been working with the society since September 2019, has been selected in the Best Employee/Self-Employed (Deaf/Hearing Difficulty) category with Disability for her outstanding contribution to the ISL and representing India in International Chess Tournaments.
- Akash Singh, an alumnus of Gurugram center has also been adjudged Best Employee with Disability/Self-Employed (Deaf/Hearing) category for his achievements in National and International Cricket Championships.
- National Award was announced to Pyarelal of Hisar (Haryana) under the category of best handicapped employee/self-employed with locomotor disability, poly malnutrition disability, dwarfism, acid attack victim, leprosy treated, cerebral palsy.
- These awards have been announced by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities). These awards will be presented in Delhi on 3rd December, 2021 on World Divyang Day.
- It may be mentioned that in order to appreciate the dedicated efforts of individuals and organizations involved in the process of empowerment of persons with disabilities and to encourage others to excel in this field, the most skilled/best disabled employees, best employers, best innovative technological innovations and are awarded with separate awards for providing cost-effective technology.