- 13 Oct 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
- On October 12, 2021, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami launched the Annotsav program in the state under the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana.
- Under this Annotsav program, 14 lakh ration bags (free of cost) will be distributed in the entire state in a month.
- Along with this, free food grains will be distributed through all 9230 ration shops in the state for the entire month itself.
- It is noteworthy that under the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana, in the year 2020, the beneficiaries of Antyodaya and primary families got 5 kg per unit from April to November. Food grains (wheat/rice) and 1 kg. Pulses were distributed free of cost per ration card.
- Similarly, in the year 2021, 5 kg food grains per unit will be distributed free of cost to the beneficiaries of Antyodaya and primary families for a total of 7 months from May to November.
- It is noteworthy that under the 'One Nation One Ration Card' scheme, ration card portability has been implemented in the state from August 2020, through which food security is being provided to the migrant families coming from other states in the state.