Alwar District Collector got Best District Award
- 05 Dec 2022
- 4 min read
Why In News?
- On December 3, 2022, President Draupadi Murmu addressed a function organized at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi on the occasion of International Day of Persons with Disabilities. Jitendra Kumar Soni was awarded the Best District Award for outstanding work for the empowerment of persons with disabilities for the year 2022.
- Ias officer and Alwar district collector, who is often known for his innovations in the Rajasthan cadre. Jitendra Kumar Soni was given this award for the work done towards the empowerment of persons with disabilities by connecting them with various public welfare schemes run by the state government for the welfare of the disabled people in the district and innovating for their welfare.
- It is worth mentioning that this award is given annually by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India to only one district of the country that has done the best work for the disabled.
- Before Dr. Jitendra Kumar Soni, in the year 2022, 6 more IAS officers of Rajasthan have also received awards at the national level. At present, there are about 248 IAS officers in the Rajasthan cadre, out of which about 10 officers have received awards from the President or the Prime Minister.
- Ias officer Gaurav Goel, who is currently posted as secretary of government in Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot's office (CMO), received the award from Prime Minister Narendra Modi in 2016. This award was given in the name of 'Scroll of Honor'. He was given this award for promoting cashless payments during demonetization.
- PK Goyal, Additional Chief Secretary of the Education Department, received the award in November-2022 from the World Book of Records for his success in enrolling about 90 percent of the children who had dropped out of government schools in Corona back to schools.
- Churu District Collector Siddharth Sihag has been given the 'National Excellence Award' at the Prime Minister's level for making the Khelo India scheme a success in the district and for the stupendous performance of Churu district. This scheme is the flagship scheme of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Under this, work is being done to promote sports in the whole country.
- Sandeep Verma, Additional Chief Secretary in the Information and Technology Department, received the National Award in June-2022 from the Arun Jaitley National Institute of Financial Management of the Central Government for making the public procurement process transparent in government departments.
- Rukmani Riar, currently the Collector of Hanumangarh district, was awarded the best work in e-governance by the Union Ministry of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievance Redressal in November 2022.
- Apart from these, the present collector of Karauli, Ankit Kumar Singh, has received the National Award twice this year. He has been given the National Award by the Union Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat on behalf of the Ministry of Jal Shakti for water conservation in March-2022 and Prime Minister Narendra Modi for promoting small scale industries in the district in July-2022.