All Government Medical Colleges Affiliated to Aryabhatta Knowledge University Will Be Under the Control of Bihar Health University
- 04 Feb 2023
- 2 min read
Why in News?
In a recent meeting held under the chairmanship of Bihar Health Secretary K Senthil Kumar, Registrar of Bihar University of Health Sciences Vimlesh Kumar Jha informed that from April 1, 2023, all the institutes of medical sciences will move from Aryabhatta Knowledge University to the control of the newly established Bihar University of Health Sciences in Patna.
- Bihar University of Health Sciences Registrar Vimlesh Kumar Jha said that all government medical colleges, dental colleges, government nursing institutes, pharmacy institutes and para medical institutes affiliated to Aryabhatta Knowledge University will be affiliated to Bihar University of Health Sciences. Swift action is being taken in this direction.
- He said that all necessary preparations should be made before affiliating the medical institutions of the state with the Bihar University of Health Sciences. In this, the shortage of manpower should be met, necessary software should be installed to conduct registration and examination.
- It was informed in this meeting that the University of Health Sciences became effective with the gazette notification from August 2021.
- There are 10 government medical college hospitals, 108 ANMs, GNM and BSc nursing schools and 20 pharmacy institutes operating in the state.
- Vimlesh Kumar Jha said that with the new university being fully functional, it will be easier to give recognition to new medical college hospitals, nursing schools, pharmacy institutes and paramedical institutes in the state. Also, examinations will be conducted on time, which will benefit the students.