Agriculture University Raipur First Place in Folk Dance Competition
- 22 Mar 2023
- 2 min read
Why in News?
According to the information provided by the Chhattisgarh Public Relations Department on 21 March 2023, the students of Indira Gandhi Agricultural University, Raipur participated in the folk-dance competition at the 21st All India Inter-Agricultural University Youth Cultural Festival (Agri Unifest) organised by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research in Bangalore won gold medal by securing first position.
- A 31-member contingent of students at Indira Gandhi Agricultural University participated in the 21st All India Inter-Agricultural University Youth Cultural Festival.
- The students at Indira Gandhi Agricultural University presented the popular traditional 'Panthi dance' of Chhattisgarh in the folk-dance competition.
- In this youth cultural festival, about 20 different competitions were organised in dance, singing, art, literature and drama.
- The university team also got the fourth position in the skit competition organised in the youth cultural festival under the drama genre. Similarly, Vaidehi Dewangan, a student at Agriculture College, Bilaspur, got the fourth position in the poster making competition under art stream.
- It is noteworthy that this year the 21st All India Inter-Agricultural University Youth Cultural Festival was organised by the Indian Agricultural Research Institute at the University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore from 13 to 17 March 2023, in which teams from 65 agricultural universities across the country participated.