9th CPA India Region Conference begins in Udaipur
- 22 Aug 2023
- 3 min read
Why in News?
On August 21, 2023, Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman Harivansh Narayan Singh and other guests inaugurated the 9th India Region Conference of the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association (CPA) by lighting the lamp in the city of lakes, Udaipur.
- In the conference, brainstorming started on important points like strengthening of democratic institutions, making people's representatives more accountable and good governance through digital empowerment.
- Presiding over the conference, the Lok Sabha Speaker said that the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association was established in the year 1911, when there were 57 countries in it. After this it continued to expand. This Sangh has made unprecedented contributions in strengthening the democratic institutions.
- In the conference, the Chief Minister said that CPA India is playing an important role in the direction of public welfare through ideas and innovations by organizing various activities for the strengthening of the democratic system.
- Through the conference, the knowledge of public representatives will be enhanced with the views of experts, due to which democracy and good governance will be stronger.
- The main objective of the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association (CPA) is to strengthen democracy. Through this, the Speaker of the Parliament and the heads of the legislatures of various states, people's representatives, etc. together brainstorm for the strengthening of democracy. Make a common policy and implement it, it helps in strengthening democracy.
- There will be brainstorming through CPA as to how to run the House smoothly, so that policies and rules can be determined according to the interests of the common man.
- The guests also released a coffee table book based on the various programs and workshops organized by the Rajasthan branch of the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association in the Rajasthan Legislative Assembly.
- Similarly, a documentary based on the programs of the Rajasthan branch of the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association was also screened in the programme.