5 major Sewerage & Drinking Water Projects approved in the state worth more than Rs.4508 lakh
- 07 Jun 2023
- 3 min read
Why in News?
On 6 June 2023, in a meeting held in Chandigarh under the chairmanship of Haryana Public Health & Cooperation Minister Dr. Banwari Lal, 5 major sewerage and drinking water schemes worth more than Rs 45.08 lakh were approved in the state.
- The Public Health & Cooperation Minister said that the old sewerage system from Timber Market Chowk near Kheda, Arya Nagar Chowk Nandi Mohalla to South Disposal in Ambala city would be strengthened with CIPP technology at a cost of about Rs 1349.31 lakh.
- The work of changing the sewerage system in 10 wards of Karnal city will be done, in which 425 RCC main halls will be built and water connections will be made. For this, a 200 mm pipeline of about 12037 meters long will be laid. An amount of about Rs 691.80 lakh will be spent on this.
- The cabinet also approved the installation of 14 tubewells and submersible pump sets for drinking water and new pipelines for drinking water & sewerage in Karnal city. An amount of Rs 759.60 lakh will be spent on this work. Thus, the sewerage and drinking water schemes in Karnal city will cost more than Rs.14.51 lakh.
- Under the 'Mahagram Yojana', the work of laying sewerage line will be done in the village Siswal of Hisar district. Rs 1167.77 lakh will be spent on this work. Work is already underway on the drinking water scheme to provide an adequate quantity of clean drinking water to the people in Siswal.
- A sewerage line and a sewerage treatment plant of 2.50 MLD will be constructed in the village of Kaul of the Kaithal district. Apart from this, an amount of Rs 540.89 lakh will be spent on the work of commissioning the main pumping station etc. These projects will be launched in the coming month.
- The Public Health Minister directed the officials to complete the Mewat Rainwell project at the earliest and solve the drinking water problem of the Pinjore and Morni areas with immediate effect. Apart from this, he also directed to completion the necessary formalities for the early construction of the water house at Raghunathpura, Ibrahim Bishnupar in Rewari.