41st Ramayana Fair in Ramnagari Ayodhya
- 28 Nov 2022
- 3 min read
Why In News?
On November 27, 2022, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath inaugurated the 41st Ramayana Fair to be held in Ramnagari Ayodhya in a traditional way. This Fair will run till November 30, 2022.
- Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath also released the program poster (cover image) of the second day of Ramayana Fair.
- This Fair is organized every year with the cooperation of the Government of Uttar Pradesh and the members of the Ramayana Fair Committee to restore the cultural and spiritual glory of India.
- Ashish Kumar Mishra, convenor of the Ramayana Fair Committee, said that in the poster inaugurated by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, in the sequence of the second day program of the Ramayana fair, the arrival of Ram Baraat, the ritual of worshiping the feet, the fire of the four brothers. And the Leela of all the bride and groom seeking blessings from the sages has been depicted.
- Vaishnavi Gupta and Priya Gupta have done the work of carving this cover image. The cover image displays the folk art of Awadh based on Indian folk art. Earlier, the first poster was launched from the sanctum sanctorum of Shri Ram Janmabhoomi.
- The Ramayana Fair in Ayodhya was started in 1982 by the then Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Shripati Mishra. He had announced the Ram Ki Paidi project in the inaugural session itself. For four consecutive days at the first Ramayana Fair, the ministers announced different development plans, which are prominent in the development plans of this time.
- In the first Ramayana Fair itself, work was started by announcing the construction of Ram Katha Park for the construction of Ram Katha Park for the construction of the parikrama route, extension of the Saryu coast from Naya Ghat to Guptar Ghat and cultural development.
- In the 1980s, the attraction of Ramayana Fair was at its peak. In this fair, Ramlila of many countries including Sri Lanka, Korea, Malaysia was staged, which was the center of special attraction.