3 Children of Madhya Pradesh Honored with Prime Minister's National Child Award
- 25 Jan 2022
- 2 min read
Why in News
- On the occasion of National Girl Child Day on January 24, 2022, Prime Minister Narendra Modi honored 61 children of the country with the Prime Minister's National Child Award for the years 2021 and 2022 in a virtual ceremony as part of the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav, including 3 children from Madhya Pradesh.
- This year's awardees include 15 boys and 14 girls from 21 states and union territories. These children have been selected from all regions of the country for their exceptional achievements in the categories of Innovation (7), Social Service (4), Educational (1), Sports (8), Art and Culture (6) and Gallantry (3).
- Similarly, among the award winners for the year 2021, 32 children from 21 states/UTs in innovation (9), art and culture (7), sports (7), educational (5), gallantry (3) and social service (1) categories have chosen.
- PMRBP awardees participate in the Republic Day Parade every year. Each awardee is presented with a medal, a cash prize of Rs 1 lakh and a certificate.
- Avi Sharma of Madhya Pradesh has been awarded the Prime Minister's National Child Award - 2022 in the educational category. At the same time, Palak Sharma (Sports) and Anuj Jain (Educational) were honored with the Prime Minister's National Child Award for the year 2021.
- The awardees of PMRBP 2021 and 2022 along with their parents and district magistrates of their respective districts attended the program from the respective district headquarters.
- During the ceremony, the Prime Minister presented digital certificates to 61 winners of PMRBP 2021 and 2022 using blockchain powered technology developed by IIT Kanpur under the National Blockchain Project.