19 New Districts, 3 New Divisions will be Formed in Rajasthan
- 18 Mar 2023
- 2 min read
Why in News?
- On 17 March 2023, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot announced the creation of 19 new districts and 3 new divisions in the state during his course of the discussion on the Finance and Appropriation Bill in the Legislative Assembly.
- After the announcement of Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, there are 50 districts and 10 divisions in the state now.
- An announcement was made by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot to make Anupgarh, Balotra, Beawar, Deeg, Didwana-Kuchaman, Dudu, Gangapur City, Jaipur North, Jaipur South, Jodhpur East, Jodhpur West, Kekri, Kotputli-Behror, Khairthal, Neem Ka Thana, Phalodi, Salumbar, Sanchor and Shahpura districts. Along with this, he announced to make Banswara, Pali and Sikar divisions.
- Jaipur North, Jaipur South, Dudu and Phalodi districts have been carved out of Jaipur district.
- Jodhpur East, Jodhpur West and Kotputli-Behror districts have been carved out of Jodhpur district.
- In the same way- Shri Ganganagar to Anupgarh, Barmer to Balotra, Ajmer to Beawar and Kekri, Bharatpur to Deeg, Nagaur to Didwana-Kuchaman City, Sawai Madhopur to Gangapur City, Alwar to Khairthal, Sikar to Neem Ka Thana, Udaipur to Salumbar, Jalore to Sanchore and Shahpura has been carved out of Bhilwara as a new district.
- Significantly, the new districts have been announced after 15 years. Earlier, on January 26, 2008, Pratapgarh became the 33rd district of Rajasthan. And the last announcement of the divisional headquarters was made 18 years back in 2005. On June 4, 2005 Bharatpur was created as the 7th division of Rajasthan.