18 Districts of UP including Noida-Ghaziabad will be Safe Cities
- 02 Jun 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News?
On 1 June 2023, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath told a workshop of mayors and presidents in Lucknow that the state government would make 17 municipal corporations & 18 cities, including Ghaziabad, Gautam Budh Nagar, safe cities in six months to ensure a safe environment for women in cities.
- After this, within a year, each body of all 75 districts of the state will be made a safe city.
- The Safe City will get the following facilities:
- City buses will have cameras and panic buttons.
- As soon as the women press the panic button, the control room will get information immediately.
- Pink toilets will be built in major intersections and markets.
- Women police personnel will patrol the city on pink scooty.
- Schools and colleges will have more vigilance.
- In the first phase, Gautam Buddh Nagar, Ghaziabad, Saharanpur, Moradabad, Agra, Jhansi, Firozabad, Mathura-Vrindavan, Prayagraj, Lucknow, Gorakhpur, Varanasi, Meerut, Shahjahanpur, Bareilly, Aligarh, Kanpur and Ayodhya will be covered.
- On this occasion, the Chief Minister also announced the launch of an incentive scheme for the bodies to provide better facilities in the cities. For this, five parameters have been set like cleanliness, pure drinking water, good roads, safe city and self-reliance.
- An additional Rs 1 crore will be given to Nagar Panchayat, Rs 2 crore to the municipality and Rs 10 crore to the municipal corporation.