04 Aug 2022
GS Paper 4
Day 25: What does the following quotation mean to you? (150 Words)
The essence of a happy life and a peaceful society lies in one sentence - What can I give? — A.P.J Abdul Kalam
- Give a brief introduction about happiness of life and societal peacefulness.
- Explain how an individual's happiness influences societal peacefulness.
- Give a fair conclusion.
The emotions of pleasure, satisfaction, joy, and fulfillment are indicators of happiness. It is frequently said to involve joyful feelings and a sense of fulfillment in one's life. Essence of happy life and societal peacefulness lies in the shadow of each other. The basic principle on which this relationship is walking is a question- What can I give. What an individual can give to its community, society and nation? What kind of help does an individual provide to others?
- We can say that selflessness is the key to serving the peoples, community, and nation. Individuals constitute community, community constitutes society and society constitutes nation. Characteristics of an individual is reflected in its community and characteristic of a community impacts the very character of a society and society’s character reflects in the character of a nation.
- A peaceful, conscious and joyful mind is a healthy mind. A healthy mind is the fundamental need of a healthy body. Healthy mind and body is one of the sources of a happy life.
- A happy individual spreads happiness in its community and society. A happy individual creates and builds a peaceful society.
- Everybody goes through both good and bad sentiments, and emotions. Happiness is typically associated with having more pleasant feelings.
- Happiness is related to how satisfied you are with many aspects of your life, such as your relationships, career, accomplishments, and other things you value highly.
- The structure of the present society inculcates the characteristics of the modern social structures.
- The fundamental characteristics of the modern social structure is the peacefulness, calm environment, positive behavioral environment, sense of affection, feeling of cooperation and satisfaction.
- These characteristics are the genesis of a peaceful society. The feeling of cooperation and service to others is the fundamental characteristic of societal goodness. Swami Vivekanand had said that Service to Jiva is Worship of Shiva. Our spiritual leaders have discussed several times that a peaceful society only exists when individuals are living with a sense of cooperation and with the goal to serve others.
- These fundamental principles are basically promoting societal happiness and successfully promoting interpersonal harmony.
Service to others is the guiding idea in these peaceful civilizations. A healthy mind is one that is tranquil, aware, and joyful. A healthy body must first and foremost have a healthy mind. One of the keys to a happy life is maintaining a healthy body and mind. These guiding concepts effectively promote interpersonal peace in society as well as community satisfaction.