1. Identify the World Heritage site in India where Vittala temple complex is located?
Hampi (Karnataka). The Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) has taken steps to protect the stone chariot inside Vittala Temple complex at the UNESCO World Heritage site of Hampi. Hampi Chariot is among three famous stone chariots in India, the other two being in Konark (Odisha) and Mahabalipuram (Tamil Nadu). The temple was built in the 16th century by the orders of King Krishnadevaraya, a Vijayanagara ruler.
2. Locate the Union Territory which has been recently declared as an organic agricultural area under the Participatory Guarantee System (PGS) of India?
Lakshadweep group of islands. Entire Lakshadweep group of islands has been declared as an organic agricultural area under the Participatory Guarantee System (PGS) of India. Lakshadweep is the first Union Territory to become 100% organic as all farming is carried out without the use of synthetic fertilisers and pesticides, providing access to safer food choices and making agriculture a more environmentally-friendly activity. Earlier in 2016, Sikkim became India’s first “100 percent organic” State.
3. The ‘Moolamylliang village’, often seen in the news in recent past for rat-hole mining is located in?
Meghalaya. Moolamylliang, a village in Meghalaya’s East Jaintia Hills district, is making progress in becoming a greener place amid abandoned pits from the rat-hole mining. Moolamylliang used to be one such village until the National Green Tribunal (NGT) banned hazardous rat-hole coal mining in Meghalaya in April 2014 and set a time limit for transporting the coal already mined till that time.
4. According to the National Family Health Survey-5 (NFHS-5), identify the state in India which recorded the lowest and highest Total Fertility Rate (TFR) respectively?
4 (a) Sikkim and 4 (b) Bihar. Recently, the first-phase data of the National Family Health Survey-5 (NFHS-5) 2019-20 has been released by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. The Total Fertility Rate (TFR) across most Indian states declined in the past half-a-decade, more so among urban women. Sikkim recorded the lowest TFR, with one woman bearing 1.1 children on average; Bihar recorded the highest TFR of three children per woman. TFR ndicates the average number of children expected to be born to a woman during her reproductive span of 15-49 years.
5. Identify the state where the Myristica swamp tree frog has been recorded for the first time in India?
Thrissur district (Kerala). Recently, Myristica swamp tree frog has been recorded for the first time in Kerala's Thrissur district. These are endemic to the Western Ghats. Rare arboreal species (Pertaining to moving about, living in or among trees). Active only for a few weeks during their breeding season.