1. 'Patrika Gate' was recently inaugurated by the Prime Minister of India is located in which Indian city?
Jaipur (Rajasthan). The Prime Minister had recently inaugurated the Patrika Gate in Jaipur (Rajasthan) through video conferencing.The construction of Patrika Gate was done by keeping in mind that Jaipur have been recently recognised as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is an iconic gate built as a monument under Mission Anupam of the Jaipur Development Authority.
2. Identify the place from where the inscription dating back to the Renati Chola era has been unearthed recently?
Kadapa (Andhra Pradesh). A rare inscription dating back to the Renati Chola era has been unearthed in a remote village of Kadapa district of Andhra Pradesh. The inscription was written in archaic Telugu. It was assigned to the 8th Century AD, when the region was under the rule of Chola Maharaja of Renadu.
3. 'Pulikali' a street folk art is practiced in which region of India?
Thrissur (Kerala). Pulikali (Puli means Leopard/Tiger and Kali means Play in Malayalam) is a recreational street folk art performed on the fourth day of Onam celebrations. The folk art is mainly practiced in Thrissur district of Kerala.The main theme of this folk art is tiger hunting with participants playing the role of tiger and hunter. Performers paint their bodies like tigers and hunters and dance on streets to the beats of traditional percussion instruments such as thakil, udukku and chenda.
4. Identify the region in India where Rogan art is practiced?
Kutch (Gujarat). The centuries old tradition of Rogan art (hand painting on cloth), is facing an unprecedented challenge due to pandemic. The word Rogan means “Oil” in Persian. With origins in Persia, it came to Kutch around 300 years ago. This rare craft is practiced by a lone Muslim family, the Khatris of Nirona Village, Gujarat.
5. Identify the Indian state which recently got connected with Bangladesh through Sonamura-Daudkandi inland waterway?
Tripura. Sonamura-Daudkandi inland waterway route over river Gumati was included in the list of Indo-Bangla Protocol (IBP) routes in May 2020. It connects Tripura with the National Waterways of India through Bangladesh. Daudkandi is in Bangladesh, while Sonamura is in Tripura, India.