1. Identify the state where Zoram Mega Food Park has operationalized recently?
Kolasib District, Mizoram. Zoram Mega Food Park is located in Khamrang village in Kolasib District, Mizoram. It has been set up under the ‘Mega Food Park Scheme’. It is not only expected to benefit the people of Mizoram but also that of adjoining districts in Assam.
2. Identify the city where the National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) conducted a sero-surveillance study for Covid-19 recently.
New Delhi. Recently, the National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) conducted a sero-surveillance study for Covid-19 in New Delhi. Sero-surveillance detects specific antibodies. It seeks to assess the prevalence of disease in a population by detecting the presence of specific antibodies against the virus. It can also be conducted to check if a person has developed immunity to certain diseases.
3. Identify the Atomic Power Plant which achieved its first criticality recently.
Kakrapar Atomic Power Project (Gujarat). Recently, the third unit of the Kakrapar Atomic Power Project (KAPP-3) in Tapi district of Gujarat achieved its first criticality. Criticality is the first step towards power production. A nuclear reactor is said to be critical when the nuclear fuel inside a reactor sustains a fission chain reaction.
4. Locate the National Park, for which the National Green Tribunal (NGT) recently issued notices regarding environmental clearances for proposed drilling sites.
Dibru-Saikhowa National Park (Assam). The National Green Tribunal (NGT) has issued notices to the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC), Oil India Limited (OIL) and two concerned state entities to explain how environmental clearances for the seven proposed drilling sites in the Dibru- Saikhowa National Park were given. Dibru-Saikhowa is a National Park as well as a Biosphere Reserve situated in the south bank of the river Brahmaputra in Assam.
5. Locate the place where Indian Naval ships recently conducted a Passage Exercise (PASSEX) with the U.S. Navy.
Andaman and Nicobar islands. Recently, Indian Naval ships conducted a Passage Exercise (PASSEX) with the U.S. Navy’s USS Nimitz carrier strike group near the Andaman and Nicobar islands. A passage exercise is normally undertaken whenever an opportunity arises, in contrast to pre-planned maritime drills. Four frontline Indian naval ships which included INS Shivalik, INS Sahyadri, INS Kamorta and INS Rana, teamed up with carrier USS Nimitz and three other U.S. ships to conduct the exercise. USS Nimitz is the U.S. Navy’s largest aircraft carrier.