1. Lesbos island, recently seen in the news, is located at?
Aegean Sea. Lésbos, also called Mitilíni, is a greek island. It is the largest island after Crete and Euboea in the Aegean Sea. The Aegean Sea is an elongated embayment of the Mediterranean Sea positioned between Greece and Turkey. It includes the Sea of Crete and the Thracian Sea.
2. A group of scientists has observed the phenomenon of Red Snow over the last few weeks. The location of this phenomenon is?
Antarctica. The phenomenon of “red snow” or “watermelon” has been observed over the last few weeks around Ukraine’s Vernadsky Research Base, off the coast of Antarctica’s northernmost peninsula. The red colour of snow is because of red-pigmented, microscopic algae called Chlamydomonas nivalis Chlamydomonas, which thrives in freezing water as the ice melts.
3. A new species of a land snail named Craspedotropis Gretathunbergae (after the climate change activist Greta Thunberg) was discovered in?
Brunei, Malaysia. A group of scientists has recently discovered a new species of land snail (Craspedotropis Gretathunbergae) in Brunei, Malaysia. The new species reside in tropical rainforests and is sensitive to drought and extreme temperatures. It is named to honour the Swedish Climate Change activist Greta Thunberg, who has been making efforts to raise awareness about climate change.
4. The Ministry of Road Transport & Highways represented India at the 3rd Global Ministerial Conference on Road Safety. Locate the place where the conference was held.
Stockholm, Sweden. The Ministry of Road Transport & Highways represented India at the 3rd Global Ministerial Conference on Road Safety in Stockholm, Sweden. It was organised by the World Health Organization (WHO) in association with the World Bank and minister-led delegations from more than 80 countries.
5. Recently in the news, the Arab world’s first nuclear power plant, Barakah nuclear power plant, is located at?
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Barakah nuclear power plant in Abu Dhabi on a sparsely populated strip of desert on the Persian Gulf coast. It is the Arab world's first nuclear power plant and will start production in 2020. Korea Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO) is building it.