1. As per the India State of Forest Report (ISFR) 2019, which state has the highest Forest Cover as a percentage of its total geographical area?
Mizoram. In terms of forest cover as a percentage of total geographical area, the top 5 States are Mizoram (85.41%), Arunachal Pradesh (79.63%), Meghalaya (76.33%), Manipur (75.46%) and Nagaland (75.31%). Area-wise Madhya Pradesh has the largest forest cover in the country followed by Arunachal Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Odisha and Maharashtra.
2. Identify the state which has decided to reintroduce Rhinos in one of its Tiger Reserves?
Uttarakhand. Recently, the Uttarakhand State Wildlife Board has cleared a proposal by the Wildlife Institute of India (WII) to introduce rhinoceroses in the Corbett Tiger Reserve (CTR). Around 10 rhinos will be brought in CTR in the first phase and 10 more would be added subsequently. A proposal will be sent to the Center for transporting rhinos from either Assam or West Bengal or both.
3. Identify the place which was recently declared a Ramsar site?
Nandur Madhmeshwar, Maharashtra. India has added 10 more wetlands to the sites protected by the Ramsar Convention. These are: Maharashtra: Nandur Madhmeshwar, (state’s first). Punjab: Keshopur-Miani, Beas Conservation Reserve and Nangal. UP: Nawabganj, Parvati Agra, Saman, Samaspur, Sandi and Sarsai Nawar.
4. Locate the place famous for ‘Nagoba Jatara’ festival?
Telangana. Nagoba Jatara is a tribal festival held in Keslapur village, Adilabad district, Telangana, thus the festival is also known as Keslapur jatara. It is a huge religious and cultural event of the aboriginal Raj Gond and Pardhan tribes.
5. The Bodoland Territorial Region (BTR) which was recently in news is a part of which state?
Assam. BTAD is spread over 4 districts of Assam viz; Kokrajhar, Chirang, Baksa and Udalguri. The BTAD and other areas mentioned under the Sixth Schedule of the Constitution have been exempted from the Citizenship (Amendment) Act (CAA), 2019.