1. Identify the country which is going to approve the golden rice plantation?
Bangladesh. Bangladesh is to be the first country to approve golden rice planting in the country. Golden rice is a genetically modified variety of rice. It is developed by the Philippines-based International Rice Research Institute (IRRI). This variety of rice is claimed to be able to fight vitamin A deficiency.
2. Identify the country with which India has recently conducted joint military exercise ‘Dharma Guardian-2019’?
Japan. The Joint Military Exercise Dharma Guardian-2019 between India and Japan has recently been conducted to share experience gained during various Counter-Terrorism Operations in respective countries. It is an annual training event which is being conducted in India since 2018.
3. ‘White Island’ which was recently seen in news for volcanic eruption is located in?
New Zealand. A volcanic eruption took place at White Island in New Zealand. White Island is New Zealand’s most active cone volcanoes which has been built up by continuous volcanic activity over the past 1,50,000 years. About 70% of the volcano lies under the sea and the Island forms the tip of the volcano. The volcano is located in the Bay of Plenty, about 48km (29 miles) from the east coast of New Zealand's North Island. The island is also known by name Whakaari.
4. ‘Bougainville Island’ which was recently seen in news for referendum to gain independence is located in?
Papua New Guinea. On November 23, the people of Bougainville (a small South Pacific island), voted for a referendum to gain independence from Papua New Guinea. If the referendum is passed, Bougainville would become the world’s newest and possibly the smallest independent country. Bougainville is currently a province of Papua New Guinea – one of the most populous Pacific island states. It forms the part of the Solomon Islands archipelago.
5. The ‘Green Deal’ climate action plan has been presented by?
European Union (EU). In the background of the failure of the global community to reach any agreement in the recently concluded COP 25, the European Union (EU) has come up with a climate action plan known as the European Green Deal.