1. Identify the Arab nation which became the first country that took over the G20 Presidency for year 2020.
Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia became the first Arab nation to take over the G20 Presidency on December 1, 2019. It has taken over from Japan and it will host the G20 Summit in its capital, Riyadh on November 21 and 22, 2020.
2. The ‘Conference of the Parties (COP25)’ to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) was held in?
Madrid (Spain). The 25th edition of the Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) or COP25 was held in Madrid (Spain).
3. The ‘11th BRICS Summit’ was recently held in?
Brasilia, Brazil. The 11th BRICS Summit took place from 13th-14th November 2019 in Brasilia, Brazil. The theme of the 2019 BRICS summit is "Economic Growth for an Innovative Future.”
4. The ‘Tulagi Island’ which was recently seen in news is located in?
Solomon Islands. Tulagi is an island within the Solomon Islands, which are located in the South Pacific, directly between Australia and the U.S. A Beijing-based company has secured exclusive development rights for the entire island of Tulagi and its surroundings. It was the administrative seat (from 1893) of the British Solomon Islands Protectorate until it was destroyed by the Japanese (1942) during World War II.
5. The ‘New START’ treaty which was recently seen in news is signed between?
(a) United States of America and (b) Russia. The New START Treaty is a treaty between the United States of America and the Russian Federation on measures for the further reduction and limitation of strategic offensive arms. It is a successor to the START framework of 1991 (at the end of the Cold War) that limited both sides to 1,600 strategic delivery vehicles and 6,000 warheads. It entered into force on 5th February, 2011. It will lapse in February 2021 unless extended for a five-year period.