1. Identify the place from where the Archaeology Department has unearthed an urban settlement site of Sangam Age?
Keeladi, Sivaganga district, Tamil Nadu. According to a report published by the Tamil Nadu Archaeology Department, the cultural deposits unearthed during the excavations at site Keeladi located in the Sivaganga district could be dated to a period between the 6th century BC and the 1st century AD.
2. Identify the place where World’s Second Largest Coal Block is situated?
Deaucha Panchami, Birbhum District, West Bengal. Deaucha Panchami coal block of Birbhum Coalfield Area is World’s Second Largest Coal Block situated in West Bengal. This coal mine is the largest coal block in Asia, due to the number of coal reserves. It is the newest coal mine in West Bengal.
3. Identify the state where Namdapha National Park is located?
Arunachal Pradesh. It lies at the international border between India and Myanmar within Changlang District in the state of Arunachal Pradesh. It is only parked in the World to have the four Feline species of big cat namely the Tiger (Panthera Tigris), Leopard (Panthera Pardus), Snow Leopar (Panthera Uncia) and Clouded Leopard (Neofelis Nebulosa). Hoolock Gibbons, the only ‘ape’ species found in India is found in this National Park.
4. Identify the states where Nallamala Forest Reserve is located?
Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. Nallamala Forest Reserve is located in Nallamala Ranges of the Eastern Ghats. A part of the forest reserve belongs to the Nagarjunsagar-Srisailam Tiger Reserve which is the largest Tiger Reserve in India. Amrabad Tiger Reserve also lies in the Nallamala hills.
5. Identify the Archeological site from where the skeletal remains were excavated to identify the origin Harappan people?
Rakhigarhi, Haryana. According to a study of DNA (DeoxyriboNucleic Acid) from skeletal remains excavated from the Harappan cemetery at Rakhigarhi (the biggest IVC site located in Haryana), the researchers found that the people in the Indus Valley Civilization (IVC) have an independent origin.