1. Identify this country which has recently granted legal status of living entities to its rivers.
Bangladesh. Bangladesh's High Court has granted the country's rivers the rights and status of
2. Identify this country with which India conducts its bilateral air defence exercise Garuda.
France. Indian Air Force (IAF) has participated in the 6th edition of bilateral exercise Garuda hosted by France. It is aimed at enhancing the interoperability level of French and Indian crews in air defence and ground attack missions. The Garuda exercise is alternately held in France and India, under the framework of bilateral cooperation between the two nations.
3. Identify these two countries between which Indian waterway is being used as a channel for transport of cargo for the first time.
3(a) Bangladesh and 3(b) Bhutan. The Minister of State for Shipping, digitally flagged off a ship of the Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI), carrying stone from Bhutan to be delivered in Bangladesh. This is the first time an Indian waterway is being used as a channel for transport of cargo between the two countries, implying using India for transit. This is beneficial to India as well as Bhutan and Bangladesh, and will strengthen relations between the neighbouring countries. Also, waterways are more friendly mode of transport. The ship, MV AAI, has set sail from Dhubri in Assam and will travel to Narayanganj in Bangladesh, over river Brahmaputra and the Indo Bangladesh Protocol Route.
4. Identify this country which has a forum named JETCO for the companies to enhance their links and develop new partnerships with India business and decision-makers.
United Kingdom. JETCO provides a forum to United Kingdom companies to enhance their links and develop new partnerships with India business and decision-makers. Government to Government negotiations, which address issues of market liberalization and market access, are conducted through the JETCO process.
5. Identify this country to which India recently handed over 250 pre-fabricated houses for use of displaced Rohingya returnees from Bangladesh.
Myanmar. The Indian government had taken up the project under its Rakhine State Development Programme (RSDP). India signed a development programme for Rakhine State in Myanmar in late 2017 which was designed to assist the Myanmar government in Rakhine State to build housing infrastructure for displaced Rohingyas. The program includes creation of infrastructure in the areas of education, health, agriculture and allied activities, agro-processing, community development sectors and related training in these areas.