1. Identify this place where Thirty Meter Telescope is being built.
Mauna Kea, Hawaii, USA. Thirty Meter Telescope is a new class of extremely large telescopes that will allow us to see deeper into space and observe cosmic objects with unprecedented sensitivity. It is getting built at Mauna Kea, Hawaii, USA.
2. Identify this Sea where ‘Group Sail, a six day naval drill was conducted by India and three other countries.
South China Sea. Recently, warships from India, the US, Japan and the Philippines conducted a six-day naval drill ‘Group Sail’ in the contentious South China Sea.
3. Identify this place where “Triple COPs” meeting was recently conducted.
Geneva, Switzerland. The “Triple COPs” meeting is taking place in Geneva, Switzerland from April 29th to May 10th, 2019. These Triple COPs are: Basel Convention (COP-14); Rotterdam Convention (COP-9); Stockholm Convention (COP-9).
4. Identify this place where Makalu-Barun National Park is located.
Nepal. Mountain Makalu lies within Nepal’s Makalu-Barun National Park and Conservation Area, a 580-square-mile parkland that protects pristine ecosystems from tropical rainforests to alpine tundra above 13,000 feet. The remote Barun Valley below Makalu is particularly important and managed as a Strict Nature Reserve to preserve its unique qualities and ecosystems.
5. Identify this place where IMDEX Asia Maritime Event was recently conducted.
Singapore. Recently, India participated in the three-day Asia-Pacific naval and maritime event, ‘International Maritime Defence Exhibition Asia (IMDEX Asia-2019)’, held in Singapore. IMDEX Asia is Asia Pacific's one of the premier international maritime defence shows. After IMDEX, India will participate in the 26th edition of the Singapore India Maritime Bilateral Exercise (SIMBEX) scheduled from May 16 to 22, the longest uninterrupted naval exercise that India has with any other country.