1. Identify this Himalayan country which has successfully launched its first satellite into space to gather detailed geographical information.
Nepal. Nepal has successfully launched its first satellite into space from Virginia in United States to gather detailed geographical information of the Himalayan nation. NepaliSat-1 satellite has been developed by the two Nepali scientists, Aabhas Maskey and Hariram Shrestha under the BIRDS project of the Kyushu Institute of Technology, Japan.
2. Identify this country with which India conducts its joint naval exercise Varuna.
France. India and France will be conducting joint Naval exercise “Varuna” off the coast of Goa from May 1, 2019.
3. Identify this place where last female of Yangtze Giant Softshell turtle, one of the most endangered species in the world, died recently.
China. The last female of rare Yangtze Giant Softshell turtles died in China. This was one of four Yangtze giant softshell turtles known to be remaining in the world. The same zoo also houses a male Yangtze giant softshell turtle. The other two live in Vietnam, but their genders are unknown. The species is one of the most endangered turtle in the world. Loss of habitat and poaching are among the reasons for the decline of the species’ population.
4. Identify this country which recently conferred the “Order of the Holy Apostle Andrew the First,” - it’s highest civilian award , upon Indian prime minister.
Russia. The Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi has been conferred with the “Order of the Holy Apostle Andrew the First,” the highest civilian award of Russia. The order was presented to the Prime Minister of India for his distinguished contribution to the development of a privileged strategic partnership between Russia and India and friendly ties between the Russian and Indian people.
5. Identify this country which is bordered to the east by the Aegean Sea, to the south by the Mediterranean Sea, and to the west by the Ionian Sea.
Greece. Greece is bordered to the east by the Aegean Sea, to the south by the Mediterranean Sea, and to the west by the Ionian Sea. it was in news recently because statue of Alexander the Great has been installed in central Athens, Greece, after it was finished by Yannis Pappas, one of the greatest Greek sculptors of the 20th century.