1. Identify this place where Jallianwala Bagh is located.
Amritsar Punjab. On 13th April, Baisakhi day, a large crowd of people mostly from neighboring villages, unaware of the prohibitory orders in the Amritsar gathered in the Jallianwala Bagh. Brigadier-General Dyer ordered troops to open fire on the unarmed crowd killing more than 1000 unarmed men, women, and children.
2. Identify this place where first ‘state-of-the-art’ Virtual Reality Centre (VRC) has been established recently.
New Delhi. The first ‘state-of-the-art’ Virtual Reality Centre (VRC) is established at the Directorate of Naval Design (Surface Ship Group), New Delhi. This center would provide a major boost to the Indigenous warship design capabilities of the Indian Navy. It will also provide impetus to self-reliance and greater fillip to warship construction under “Make in India” initiative of the Indian government.
3. Identify this place where the first Virgin Hyperloop One (VHO) commercial project in the world is proposed to start by 2025.
Between Mumbai and Pune, Maharashtra. The first Virgin Hyperloop One (VHO) commercial project in the world may start between Mumbai and Pune by 2025.
4. Identify this State through which river Periyar flows, which was in news recently due to discolouration through Eutrophication.
Kerala. Recently discoloration of water was noticed in Periyar river due to Eutrophication. The Periyar is the second largest river of Kerala. Periyar River originates from Sivagiri hills of Western Ghats and flows through the Periyar National Park and reaches the Periyar Lake. It is a perennial river and is used for supplying drinking water. It is popularly called as the Lifeline of Kerala.
5. Identify this place where Sajibu Cheiraoba is celebrated.
Manipur. Sajibu Cheiraoba is the great ritual festival of Meiteis (an ethnic group in Manipur) which is observed on the first day of Manipur lunar month Shajibu, which falls in the month of April every year.