1. Identify the place where Golan Heights is situated.
Syria. The Golan Heights is a rocky plateau with an area of 1,800km² on the border between Israel and Syria in south-western Syria. U.S. President Donald Trump has announced that the US may recognize Israeli sovereignty over the Golan Heights.The Golan Heights were captured by Israel from Syria in the 1967 conflict and annexed in 1981 — a move not recognized internationally.
2. Identify this country with whom India conducts bilateral military exercise Mitra-Shakti.
Sri Lanka. Annual joint military exercise Mitra-Shakti 2019 between India India-Sri Lanka will be conducted in Sri Lanka.
3. Identify this country which is associated with the mission Hayabusa 2.
Japan. Hayabusa 2 mission, launched in December 2014, to explore asteroid 1999 JU3 (Ryugu). Recently, Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) has decided to make a crater on asteroid 1999 JU3 (Ryugu) to collect underground samples.
4. Identify this place where fourth session of the UN Environment Assembly (UNEA-4) took place.
Nairobi, Kenya. The theme of UNEA-4 was ‘Innovative Solutions for Environmental Challenges and Sustainable Consumption and Production’. During the assembly Nations agreed that they have to speed up moves towards a new model of development in order to respect the vision laid out in the Sustainable Development Goals for 2030. Nations unanimously agreed to significantly cut down on single-use plastic products like cups, cutlery, and bags by 2030. Along with the summit, United Nation Environment Program has also launched the Global Environment Outlook Report.
5. Identify this country where United Nations' telecom body ‘International Telecommunication Union (ITU)’ has planned to set up its first ever Innovation Centre
India. UN’s telecom body ‘International Telecommunication Union (ITU)’ has planned to set up its first ever Innovation Centre in India to incorporate technologies from South Asian countries and emerging economies in standards for technologies. Besides the Innovation Centre, ITU’s first regional office for South Asia will also get established in India.