1. Identify the country which recently conferred the Seoul Peace Prize on the Indian Prime Minister.
South Korea (Republic of Korea) recently conferred the Seoul Peace Prize on the Indian Prime Minister. The Seoul Peace Prize was established in 1990 and is awarded biennially to those individuals who have made their mark through contributions to the harmony of mankind, reconciliation between nations and to world peace.
2. Identify the South American country whose President recently paid a state visit to India.
Argentina’s President paid a state visit to India. 2019 is the 70th year of establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries.
3. Identify the country whose Crown Prince visited India recently.
Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince recently visited India. This was the first state visit by the crown prince in India. During the visit, MoUs was signed on investing in the National Investment and Infrastructure Fund of India. Saudi Arabia also agreed to join the International Solar Alliance (ISA).
4. Identify the country to which India has revoked the Most Favoured Nation (MFN) status.
India withdrew the Most Favoured Nation (MFN) status accorded to Pakistan in its bid to convey a strong message to the country in the aftermath of Pulwama terror strike. Article 1 of General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT), 1994, requires every World Trade Organization (WTO) member country to accord MFN status (or preferential trade terms with respect to tariffs and trade barriers) to all other member countries.
5. Identify the country which recently hosted the World Sustainable Development Summit 2019.
New Delhi, India hosted the World Sustainable Development Summit (WSDS) 2019. The theme of summit was 'Attaining the 2030 Agenda: Delivering on our Promise'. The WSDS is the annual flagship event of The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI). It was earlier known as Delhi Sustainable Development Summit.