1. Identify this city-state situated in Southern Europe, on the Mediterranean coast, whose Prince came to India on his first official visit.
Monaco’s Prince Albert II came to India on his first official visit. The executive power rests under the his high authority. The Principality of Monaco and India officially established diplomatic relations on 21 September 2007. However, Consular Relations between the Principality of Monaco and India have existed since 30 September 1954. Monaco is second smallest country in the world after Vatican City.
2. Identify the country celebrating the 40th anniversary of Islamic revolution.
Iran is celebrating the 40th anniversary of Islamic revolution occurred in 1979. Iran, as an Islamic republic, emerged in the aftermath of Islamic revolution which overthrew the Shah regime.
3. Identify the country who’s Prime Minister was the chief guest of the Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas convention 2019.
Prime Minister of Mauritius Mr. Pravind Jugnauth was the chief guest of the Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas (PBD) convention. Member of Parliament of Norway, was the Special Guest while Member of Parliament of New Zealand was the Guest of Honor at the 15th edition of PBD.
4. Identify the foreign city which has included Hindi as one of its official languages.
Abu Dhabi, capital of UAE, has included Hindi as the third official language used in its courts, alongside Arabic and English, as part of a move designed to improve access to justice. The Indian community in the UAE, numbering 2.6 million, constitutes 30 per cent of the total population and is the largest expatriate community in the country.
5. The chemist who gave Periodic Table belonged to which Country?
Russian chemist Dmitri Ivanovich Mendeleev wrote the ‘Periodic Table of Elements’ on 17th February 1869 – completing 150 years in 2019. Therefore, the United Nations General Assembly and UNESCO have decided to celebrate 2019 as the “International Year of the Periodic Table of Chemical Elements (IYPT2019)”.