1. Identify the country which hosted the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2019.
Switzerland hosted World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2019. The World Economic Forum Annual Meeting is the only yearly gathering that brings together leaders of global society to define priorities and shape global, industry and regional agendas.
2. Identify the country in which Svalbard Global Seed Vault is established.
Norway recently celebrated the 10th anniversary of the official opening of Svalbard Global Seed Vault. It is a facility located on a remote island (Norway) in the Arctic Ocean and it houses the world's largest collection of seeds. The seeds can be of use in the event of a global catastrophe or when some species is lost due to natural disasters. It is therefore also referred to as the doomsday vault.
3. Identify the country which has been in news due to its political crisis.
Venezuela’s National Assembly’s elected leader Juan Guaido, named himself as the interim president on January 23.The South American country has been caught in a downward spiral for years with growing political discontent further fuelled by skyrocketing hyperinflation, power cuts and shortages of food and medicine.
4. Identify the country whose president attended India’s 70th Republic Day as the Chief Guest.
South African President Cyril Ramaphosa became the chief guest at the 2019 Republic Day celebration in New Delhi.
5. Identify the country which officially became the International Energy Agency’s 30th member country.
Mexico officially became the International Energy Agency’s 30th member country on 17 February 2018, and its first member in Latin America.