1. Identify the state in which the Coringa Wildlife Sanctuary is located.
Andhra Pradesh: After a long a gap, a flock of greater flamingoes has recently been spotted on the Coast of Hope Island, a part of the Coringa Wildlife Sanctuary.
2. Identify the place where the Election Commission of India has established 'Sangwari' polling booths to encourage women voters to vote in assembly elections.
Chhattisgarh: The Election Commission has set up ‘Sangwari’ polling booths in various constituencies of Chhattisgarh to encourage women voters to exercise their franchise in the Assembly elections. In Chhattisgarhi dialect, ‘Sangwari’ means friend. These women friendly booths will be manned by all-female staff including presiding officers, supervisors and security personnel.
3. The Central Zoo Authority has opposed the move to transfer the tigers caught from Satkosia Tiger Reserve to Nandankanan Zoological Park. Where are the Satkosia Tiger Reserve and Nandankanan Zoological Park situated?
4. India and Russia joint warfare Indra-2018 took place in Babina field firing range. Where is this firing range located?
Madhya Pradesh: The Tenth Edition of Indo-Russian joint military exercise INDRA 2018 culminated on 28 November 2018 at Babina Military Station. The eleven day long joint training that commenced on 18 November 2018 included developing common understanding of transnational terrorism, interoperability and conduct of joint tactical operations controlled by a Joint Command Post working under the aegis of United Nations.
5. Recently, Ministry of Environment and Forests has issued a new notification for Bannerghatta National Park, reducing the eco-sensitive zone to 169 square kilometers. Where is this national park located?
Karnataka: On November 5, the Ministry of Environment and Forests (MOEF) had issued a new draft notification for BNP, nearly 2.5 years after the first draft notification had declared an ESZ of 268.96 sq.km. In the latest notification, the ESZ was reduced to 169 sq.km. In effect, the reduction in the ESZ, which regulates and prohibits certain activities that may destroy the forest, may open up more areas in the vicinity for mining and commercial development around the rapidly-urbanising Bengaluru city.