1. Recently, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Iran’s military have started their annual Drill near the coastal area of Oman. Locate the place on Map.
Gulf of Oman. Recently, the United Arab Emirates and Iran’s military have started their annual Drill in the coastal area of the Gulf of Oman and near the strategic Strait of Hormuz. The strait is located at the mouth of the Persian Gulf and is crucial to global energy supplies, with about a fifth of all oil traded at sea passing through it. The waterway separates Iran and Oman, linking the Persian Gulf to the Gulf of Oman and the Arabian Sea.
2. Recently, India exported missiles, rockets and ammunition, including indigenous Pinaka multi-barrel rocket launchers, to a country to help defend the nation against the neighbor. Locate the country on the Map.
Armenia. After recent clashes between Armenian and Azerbaijan troops, India signed an order for the arms export through a government-to-government route, through which the two nations inked contracts for the supply of arms and ammunition to Armenia. India will also export indigenous Pinaka multi-barrel rocket launchers. Pinaka has been developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and manufactured by indigenous private sector firms.
3. Locate the city on world map where the 15th Conference of Parties (COP15) to the UN Convention on Biological Diversity was held.
Montreal, Canada. The 15th Conference of Parties (COP15) to the UN Convention on Biological Diversity was chaired by China and hosted by Canada; COP 15 resulted in the adoption of the Kunming-Montreal Global Biodiversity Framework (GBF) on the last day of negotiations. The GBF aims to address biodiversity loss, restore ecosystems and protect indigenous rights. The plan includes concrete measures to halt and reverse nature loss, including putting 30 per cent of the planet and 30 per cent of degraded ecosystems under protection by 2030.
4. Locate the country on the Map, which hosted the FIFA World Cup 2022.
Qatar. Recently, Qatar hosted the FIFA World Cup 2022, where Argentina won the final by defeating France.
5. The Great barrier reef is home to an incredible diversity of marine life and is one of the most biodiverse ecosystems on the planet is located in which country?
Australia. It is the world’s most extensive and spectacular coral reef ecosystem composed of over 2,900 individual reefs and 900 islands. The reef is located in the Coral Sea (North-East Coast), off the coast of Queensland, Australia.