1. Recently, in a tiger reserve, the Forest Department has developed a thorough plan to combat the spread of invasive species like Senna spectabilis. Find the location of the tiger reserve.
Mudumalai Tiger Reserve (MTR). The Forest Department is coming up with a comprehensive strategy to deal with the spread of the invasive species like Senna spectabilis which continues to spread rapidly in the buffer zone of the Mudumalai Tiger Reserve (MTR) in Nilgiris hill district.
2. Locate the sanctuary where a substantial population of a turtle species is found; India has recommended protecting this population at the 19th Conference of the Parties to CITES in Panama.
National Chambal River Gharial Sanctuary. The only place in India with a sizable population of the species of Red Crowned Roofed Turtle is the National Chambal River Gharial Sanctuary, but even this Protected Area and habitat are under threat. Located on the Chambal River near the tripoint of Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh, it was first declared as a protected area in Madhya Pradesh in 1978 and now constitutes a long narrow eco-reserve co-administered by the three states.
3. Recently, researchers have discovered a new species of Estuarine Crab at the Mangroves of a river estuary. Find the location of river estuarine.
Vellar River estuary. A new species of estuarine crab has just been discovered in the mangroves of Parangipettai, close to the Vellar River estuary (the place where the river meets the ocean), in the Cuddalore district of Tamil Nadu. The species has been named ‘Pseudohelice Annamalai’ in recognition of Annamalai University’s 100 years of service in education and research.
4. Find the location of the State/UT that applied first time for a Geographical Indication (GI) tag for a traditional craft product.
Andaman & Nicobar Islands. Recently, the Andaman & Nicobar Islands has filed an application, seeking the Geographical Indication (GI) tag for the Nicobari Hodi craft.
5. Find the location of the place where the first Buddhist-run university will be established in India to offer Buddhist education along with courses in other disciplines of modern education.
Tripura. Tripura will soon have India’s first Buddhist-run university named Dhamma Dipa International Buddhist University (DDIBU) which will offer education in the faith while also running courses in other disciplines of modern education. It will be established at Manu Bankul in Sabroom of South Tripura district.