1. The United Nations (UN) has made the decision to establish a satellite-based monitoring system to keep tabs on methane emissions. Find the location of where the Conference of Parties (COP) took place in which the decision was taken.
Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt. Recently the United Nations (UN) has decided to set up a satellite-based monitoring system “MARS: Methane Alert and Response System” for tracking methane emissions and alerting governments and corporations to respond. The MARS was launched at the 27th Conference of Parties (COP27) to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change in Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt.
2. Locate the place where a COP of CITES held in which India proposed to protect a species of turtle.
Panama. India has proposed to protect the Red-Crowned Roofed turtle at the 19th Conference of the Parties to CITES (Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species) in Panama.
3. Locate the place where a G-20 summit happened with the theme ‘Recover Together, Recover Stronger’.
Indonesia. The 17th annual summit of G-20 was hosted by the Indonesia. This summit happened in Bali with the theme ‘Recover Together, Recover Stronger’.
4. According to the World Meteorological Organization (WMO), climate change may cause famous African mountain glaciers to vanish by 2040.
Mount Kilimanjaro. According to recent research by the World Meteorological Organization (WMO), climate change may cause the African mountain glacier Mount Kilimanjaro to vanish by 2040.
5. Find the location of the sinking of the warship Moskva, the flagship of the Russian Fleet, which was a major blow for Russia.
Black Sea. The sinking of the warship Moskva, the flagship of the Russian Black Sea Fleet, is a serious setback for Russia. The Black Sea Fleet has a long history, and is considered to have been founded back in 1783.