1. Recently, the Vice-President of India officially visited three African countries from 31st October to 5th November 1 (a)..........., 1(b) ………… and Republic of Malawi respectively.
(a) Botswana, (b) Republic of Zimbabwe
2. Which country has launched World’s first Blue Bond?
Republic of Seychelles has launched the world’s first sovereign blue bond—a pioneering financial instrument designed to support sustainable marine and fisheries projects. The World Bank assisted blue bond is part of an initiative that combines public and private investment to mobilize resources for empowering local communities and businessesin achieving a transition to sustainable fisheries and safeguarding oceans.
3. Which country of the Western Pacific has banned sunscreen and has become the World's first country to do so.
Palau (Republic of Palau): The Pacific archipelago of Palau is regarded as one of the best diving locations in the world, with hundreds of varieties of fish and coral found within its reefs. In an effort to protect those natural treasures from harmful chemicals, Palau recently became the first country to ban many types of sunscreen. An estimated 14,000 tons of sunscreen wash into the oceans each year. Chemicals like oxybenzone and octinoxate in sunscreen can cause bleaching to occur at lower temperatures than normal. However, prior to this sunscreen has been banned on the Hawaiian Islands but this island is not an autonomous region and is under the United States of America.
4. Which country has recently hosted two-day Global Cooling Innovation Summit?
India (New Delhi): Two-day Global Cooling Innovation Summit is held in New Delhi on 12th November 2018. The Summit was a first-of-its-kind solutions-focused event that brought together leaders from around the world to explore concrete means and pathways to address the climate threat that comes from the growing demand from room air conditioners. The event has jointly been organized by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, along with Rocky Mountain Institute, Alliance for An Energy Efficient Economy (AEEE), Conservation X Labs and CEPT University.
5. India has been elected as a member of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) Council for the next 4 years (2019-2022). It’sheadquarters is located in:
Geneva, Switzerland: India has been elected as a Member of the International Telecommunications Union (ITU) Councilfor another 4-year term (2019-2022). The ITU has 193-member states who elect representatives to the Council. India has been an active member of the ITU since 1869, earnestly supporting the development and propagation of telecom in the global community of nations.