1. Find the location of India's largest floating solar plant, which recently became operational.
Ramagundam, Peddapalli district, Telangana. The largest floating solar power plant in India, located in Ramagundam, Peddapalli district, Telangana. These are Photovoltaic (PV) modules mounted on platforms that float on water reservoirs, lakes etc. It is declared operational from 1st July 2022. These installations are relatively quick to construct, silent to run and require no land leveling or removal of vegetation.
2. Chenkurinji (Gluta travancorica) is a species that is endemic to a biosphere reserve. Find the location of that biosphere reserve.
Agasthyamala Biosphere Reserve, Kerala and Tamil Nadu. Chenkurinji (Gluta travancorica), is a species endemic to the Agasthyamala Biosphere Reserve. Established in 2001, the Agasthyamala Biosphere Reserve is a biosphere reserve in India that spans in Kerala and Tamil Nadu. It is situated at the southernmost tip of the Western Ghats. Gluta travancorica flowers in January on average, but the species has recently reported a tendency to extend the process due to climate change. It's used to lower blood pressure and treat arthritis.
3. The National Monuments Authority (NMA) designated a hilltop as a national monument in honor of 1500 Bhil tribal freedom fighters. Locate the position of that hilltop.
Mangarh hilltop, Rajasthan. National Monuments Authority (NMA) designated Mangarh hilltop in Rajasthan as a national monument in honor of 1500 Bhil tribal freedom fighters. Ancient National Monuments are defined under the Ancient Monument and Archaeological Sites and Remains Act,1958. The Central Government is authorized to maintain, protect and promote the monuments.
4. Locate the position of first major port of the country to become a 100% Landlord port of India having all berths being operated on PPP model.
Jawaharlal Nehru Port, Maharashtra. Jawaharlal Nehru Port became the first major port of the country to become a 100% Landlord port of India having all berths being operated on PPP model. It is situated in Thane creek on the west coast of Maharashtra. The publicly governed port authority acts as a regulatory body and as a landlord, while private companies carry out port operations—mainly cargo-handling activities.
5. Find the position of a wetland in India which was recently added in the list of Ramsar sites and falls under the Indo-Burma biodiversity hotspot.
Pala Wetland, Mizoram. The geographical location of Pala Wetland in Mizoram falls under the Indo-Burma biodiversity hotspot and is therefore rich in animal and plant species. The lake is a major component of the Palak Wildlife Sanctuary, and it supports the major biodiversity of the sanctuary. It is home to a wide range of animals, birds, and reptiles.