1. Locate the position of the country where the fifteenth session of the Conference of the Parties (COP15) of the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) was organized?
Cote d'Ivoire, Western Africa. Recently, the Union Minister for Environment, Forest and Climate Change addressed the fifteenth session of the Conference of the Parties (COP15) of the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD). It has been organized in Cote d'Ivoire, Western Africa. Theme: ‘Land. Life. Legacy: From scarcity to prosperity'.
2. Identify the location of the Central African Republic which has recently adopted Bitcoin as legal tender.
Central African Republic. The Central African Republic is a landlocked country in Central Africa. It is bordered by Chad to the north, Sudan to the northeast, South Sudan to the southeast, the DR Congo to the south, the Republic of the Congo to the southwest, and Cameroon to the west. Recently, the Central African Republic (CAR) became the second country after El Salvador to adopt Bitcoin as legal tender. The population of the Central African Republic is 5 million, CAR is among the poorest and most economically fragile countries globally.
3. Locate the Nagorno-Karabakh Region which is a disputed region with high mountains and forests.
Azerbaijan. Nagorno-Karabakh is a mountainous and heavily forested region that under international law is recognised as part of Azerbaijan. However, ethnic Armenians who constitute the vast majority of the population there reject Azeri rule (the legal system of Azerbaijan).
4. Locate the Port Mongla where recently a bilateral exercise named as Bongosagar has been conducted by India and Bangladesh.
Bangladesh. Recently, the third edition of Exercise Bongosagar, bilateral naval exercise between India and Bangladesh, commenced at Port Mongla, Bangladesh. The exercise is aimed at developing a high degree of interoperability and joint operational skills through the conduct of a wide spectrum of maritime exercises and operations between the two navies.
5. Locate the position of the city where the First UN Conference on Human Settlements and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat I) was organized.
Vancouver. The United Nations Human Settlements Programme is the United Nations programme for human settlements and sustainable urban development. It was established in 1978 as an outcome of the First UN Conference on Human Settlements and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat I) held in Vancouver, Canada, in 1976. It is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all.