Hindi Literature is one of the best available subjects for the main examination and following are the many reasons of this assertion.
1. Hindi Literature is the only subject in which candidates from Hindi medium won't have to face competition with English medium candidates. Hindi medium candidates remain in loss to some extent due to availability of maximum material of other subjects in English while the same is not applicable in the case of Hindi Literature.
2. Most of the IAS toppers from Hindi medium have chosen Hindi Literature as one of the optional subjects because this subject has been proving itself to be one of the maximum scoring subjects.
3. This subject can be prepared in a short period of time. A period of three months is enough to prepare for the subject completely.
4. Hindi Literature is an extremely easy subject when it comes to understanding as it doesn't hold complex concepts at all.
5. Hindi Literature has been a highly successful subject in provincial examinations (PCS) as well.
6. There are no hard and fast rules of writing answers of the questions in Hindi Literature, so it is considered as creativity of the candidate instead of deduction if he writes something from his side. This subject respects the creative abilities of the candidate.
7. As it is related with emotions and feelings, the subject is highly interesting, touching and entertaining.
8. Hindi Literature doesn't need to be updated daily after preparing it once therefore it enables candidates to score good marks in any examination after revising his notes only. In contrast, it remains a challenge for candidates to update other subjects with the events took place in the past one year.
9. As literature helps in developing strong viewpoint towards life, therefore it has a great impact in Essay and Interview. Usage of a few good sentences from a poem can enable you to score unique marks in Essay and Interview.
10. All the four sections of Hindi Literature are mutually co-related with each other avoiding the problem of dispersion during preparation.