Cabinet Approves Implementation of 'Mukhyamantri Vriksha Sampada Yojana' From FY 2023-24 | Chhattisgarh | 31 Dec 2022
Why in News?
- On December 30, 2022, the state cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel approved the implementation of a new scheme 'Mukhyamantri Vriksha Sampada Yojana' from the financial year 2023-24 with the aim of increasing the income of farmers.
- Farmers or institutions interested in participating in the 'Mukhyamantri Vriksha Sampada Yojana' can contact the office of the Forest Range Officer of their area and give information about the plants required for planting in the coming year with a consent letter.
- It is worth mentioning that under this scheme, one lakh 80 thousand acres of commercial tree species (Clonal Nilgiri, Tissue Culture Bamboo, Tissue Culture Teak, Milia Dubia and other economically beneficial species) will be planted in the private land of farmers at the rate of 36 thousand acres per year.
- All interested land owners, government, semi-government and government autonomous institutions, private educational institutions, private trusts, non-governmental institutions, panchayats and land contract holders, who want to plant in their land, will be the beneficiaries of this scheme.
- Under 'Mukhyamantri Vriksha Sampada Yojana', eligible beneficiaries will be given 100 percent financial grant for planting saplings on land up to 5 acres (maximum 5000 plants) and 50 percent for planting on more than 5 acres of land.
- Participation of partner entity or private companies is proposed in the scheme. They have also proposed to buy back the trees of the beneficiaries at the support price fixed by the government with financial participation. With the participation of associate organizations or private companies, farmers will get a assured market for their produce and the financial burden on the government will also be reduced. Tissue culture teak, tissue culture bamboo and milia doodiya trees will be purchased by the government at the fixed support price after maturity.
- Under this scheme in the state, after the maturity of 15 crore saplings planted in one lakh 80 thousand acres in a total of five years, the beneficiaries are likely to get an income of about Rs 5000 crore.
- About 30 thousand farmers will benefit every year from the implementation of 'Mukhyamantri Vriksha Sampada Yojana'. With the implementation of this scheme, the beneficiaries will get income from 15 to 50 thousand rupees per acre per year.
- The implementation of the scheme will ensure availability of raw materials for wood-based industries such as paper mill, plywood, furniture, veneer, etc. The establishment of new industries will increase the employment opportunities of the local residents and the government will get more revenue through various taxes.
Important Decisions Taken in the Meeting of the Council of Ministers | Chhattisgarh | 31 Dec 2022
Why in News?
- In a meeting of the state council of ministers chaired by Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel, the decision to give the benefit of the old pension scheme was taken despite the central government's ban on the return of NPS amount to the officers and employees of the state.
- In the cabinet meeting, it was decided to give the benefit of the old pension scheme even after the central government's ban on the return of NPS amount to state officers and employees.
- Under this, government servants will be considered as members of Chhattisgarh General Provident Fund from April 1, 2022 and the employee contribution deposited in the NPS account from the date appointed on or after November 1, 2004, to March 31, 2022, and the dividend earned on it will be payable to the government employee under the NPS rules.
- Employees will be eligible for the old pension only after depositing the contribution of the state government and the dividend earned on it. For this, government servants will have to give the option of remaining undone under NPS or getting the benefit of the old pension scheme in the notarized affidavit. This choice will be final and irreversible.
- If a government servant takes the option of the old pension scheme, then the contribution deposited by the government in the NPS account from November 1, 2004 to March 31, 2022 and the dividend received on it will have to be deposited in the government account.
- Government servants of the state appointed on and after April 1, 2022 will compulsorily be members of the old pension scheme.
- In the cabinet meeting, it was decided to start a special scheme for the repair of school buildings. A total of Rs 780 crore will be spent on the repair of schools under this scheme.
- Taking an important decision to improve the environment and increase the income of farmers through commercial plantation, it was decided to start Mukhyamantri Vriksha Sampada Yojana in the state.
- Discussions were held regarding the implementation of the Millets Mission program in the state and initiatives will be taken jointly by agriculture, forest, cooperative, panchayat and rural development, school education, Scheduled Caste and Tribe development, food, women and child development, village industries, culture, commerce and industry, tourism, public relations, home and prisons, commercial taxes and health and family welfare departments to promote millet production and its use in the state.
- The draft Chhattisgarh Regularisation of Unauthorised Development (Amendment) Bill, 2022 was approved.
- The draft Chhattisgarh Gambling (Prohibition) Bill, 2022 was approved.
- It was decided to constitute District Level Agglomeration and District Level Committees in 5 new districts to monitor the implementation of Central State Sponsored Schemes related to inter-departmental and inter-state schemes at cluster level.
- Amendment draft in Chhattisgarh Motor Vehicle Taxation Act, 1991 was approved for collection of lifetime tax from ambulance category vehicles.
- In order to increase the temporary registration tax on vehicles, the draft amendment to the Chhattisgarh Motor Vehicle Taxation Act, 1991 and Rules 1991 was approved.
- It was decided to distribute fortified rice to state scheme ration card holders (except APL) in all districts of the state. An amount of Rs 26.42 crore will be spent on this.
- It was decided to distribute free food grains in antyodaya and priority ration cards issued under the Chhattisgarh Food and Nutrition Security Act, 2012, similar to the distribution of free food grains in ration cards issued under the National Food Security Act, 2013 from January 2023 to December 2023.
- The draft amendment to the Chhattisgarh Industrial Land and Management Rules 2015 was approved.
- A report of the judicial inquiry into the incident of the death of Hon'ble MLA Bhima Mandavi of Dantewada constituency no. 88 was presented.
Fortified Rice Will be Distributed in All Districts of the State | Chhattisgarh | 31 Dec 2022
Why in News?
- In a meeting of the State Council of Ministers held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel on December 30, 2022, an important decision was taken to overcome the situation of malnutrition and anemia among women and children in Chhattisgarh that now fortified rice will be distributed in all the districts of the state.
- Fortified rice will be distributed to ration card holders through fair price shops from April 2023. Antyodaya, single destitute disabled category ration card holders will get fortified rice in place of normal rice currently being given.
- It is worth mentioning that under universal PDS, fortified rice distribution has been started in Kondagaon district from November 2020 to ensure food security as well as nutritional security and to overcome anemia and other nutrient deficiencies.
- At present, fortified rice is being distributed in all districts of the state under the Mid-Day Meal Scheme and Supplementary Nutrition Scheme. Apart from this, fortified rice is also being distributed in 10 aspirational districts of the state (Korba, Rajnandgaon, Mahasamund, Kanker, Narayanpur, Dantewada, Bijapur, Bastar, Kondagaon, Sukma) and 2 Highbirden districts (Kabirdham and Raigarh) under the Public Distribution System.
- It is noteworthy that fortified rice is nutritious and healthy. It is rich in iron, folic acid, vitamin B-12. Nutrients like iron, folic acid, vitamin B-12 present in it do not allow blood loss in adults and children and help in blood formation and proper functioning of the nervous system.
- Regarding the benefits of fortified rice, ration card holders of the district are being made aware from time to time about the methods and use of fortified rice through banners, posters etc. in Anganwadi workers, mitanin and fair price shops.