Two New Solar Parks in Jaisalmer and Bikaner | 02 Mar 2022
Why in News
Two new solar parks of 1800 MW capacity will be developed in Jaisalmer and Bikaner of the state.
- In the first phase, 800 MW capacity solar park in Jaisalmer will be developed through Rajasthan Vidyut Utpadan Nigam and 1000 MW capacity solar park in Bikaner will be developed through Rajasthan Solar Park Development, a subsidiary of Rajasthan Renewable Energy Corporation.
- Both the parks will be developed under Mode 8 of the central government scheme. For this, approval has been received from the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy of the Central Government.
- Rajasthan is continuously developing in the field of renewable energy. It has become a leading state in the country in the field of green energy. Even during Invest Rajasthan, MoU LUI has been signed for investment of about 8 lakh crore rupees in the solar energy sector in the state.
- At present, the world's largest solar park of 2245 MW capacity has also been developed at Bhadla in Jodhpur district of Rajasthan. Similarly, a solar park of 925 MW capacity is being developed by Renewable Energy Corporation at Nokh in Jaisalmer district.
- So far 10,560 MW solar power capacity has been developed in the state. In this way, Rajasthan has become the first state in the country to develop 10 GW of solar power.
- With the establishment of new parks, renewable energy based infrastructure will develop in the state as well as new investment and employment opportunities will develop. With this, the production of low cost and green energy will increase in the state.