Smart Solar Hub Launched by Two UIET Students | 28 Jan 2023
Why In News?
On 25 January 2023, Additional Principal Secretary to The Chief Minister of Haryana and Director General of Information, Public Relations and Language Department Dr. Amit Agarwal launched the Smart Solar Hub startup started by Ishank Bansal and Arjun Mittal, two students at Panjab University's University Institute of Engineering and Technology (UIET), Chandigarh.
- It is known that Director General of Public Relations and Languages Department, Dr. Amit Agarwal has launched this start-up named Envinova of Solar Energy.
- He said that Haryana has the third position in the country in terms of startups. Out of 60,000 new startup companies, 5,000 companies are in Haryana, which is 12 percent.
- Dr. Agarwal said that in order to promote startups, the state government has made a new startup policy, under which new startups are being encouraged to set up new startups in the state by giving different types of discounts and concessions.
- Launched as Smart Solar Hub, Envinova aims to enhance public interaction in outdoor space with accessible energy and connectivity.
- Through this, the focus has been on how urban living can be improved by popularizing technology in public life. This technology will also prove to be effective in making cities more vibrant, sustainable and more sensitive.
- On this occasion, Registrar Panjab University, Prof. Y.P. Verma said that there are a total of 8 startups running in UIET, for which the department gives space and provides necessary equipment.