One District One Project (ODOP) Display Window | 22 Aug 2023
Why in News?
On August 21, 2023, Rajeev Arora, Chairman of Rajasthan Small Industries Corporation and Rajasthan Export Promotion Council, inaugurated the ODOP display window at Rajasthali Emporium in New Delhi under the 'One District One Project' (ODOP) of the Government of India.
- Speaking on the occasion, RAJSICO Chairman said that ODOP through its display window has the potential to promote social and economic development of artisans, craftsmen & farmers of Rajasthan.
- It is known that this initiative conceptualized by Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot has already started giving results as industrial units are flourishing under the MSME policy of the state. In addition, the ODOP mission will give a big boost to export opportunities through the Become an Exporter scheme.
- The Chairman described the specialty of Blue Pottery Gems and Jewellery of Jaipur while describing the famous products of different districts of Rajasthan.
- The occasion showcased Jodhpur's Wood & Iron Handicrafts, exquisite creations of Jodhpur artisans painstakingly made from wood & wrought iron, showcasing their skill and creativity.
- The RAJSICO Chairman said that the Kota Doria of Kota, the delicate and distinctive Kota Doria textiles known for their light & intricate weaves, reflect the true essence of the artistic heritage of Rajasthan.
- Nagaur's marble products, skilled hands and craftsmen shape lasting beauty by transforming pristine marble into breathtaking art. Theva Art of Pratapgarh: The mesmerizing Theva technique, a fusion of gold and glass, unfolds captivating stories through its intricate motifs.
- Similarly, this display of excellence extends to innumerable other products, including cumin & leather products from Jalore, honey & edible oil from Bharatpur, jute carpets from Dausa, terracotta from Rajsamand, textile embroidery from Barmer and diverse offerings from various districts. Each product captures the essence of Rajasthan's heritage.
- The state government aims to ensure that Rajasthan's products are exported directly, eliminating the need for intermediary procurement from other states or cities. This will not only empower the local artisans and farmers of the state but will also increase the global presence of Rajasthan.
- At the inauguration ceremony, Additional Chief Secretary, Industries and Commerce Department, Government of Rajasthan, Veenu Gupta said that the inauguration of ODOP Display Window in Delhi will prove to be a milestone, increasing the income of artisans, craftsmen & farmers.
- RAJSICO Managing Director Dr. Manisha Arora said that with the growing demand for Rajasthan's exquisite handicrafts, timeless gems & Jewellery, exclusive textiles, abundant agricultural produce, state-of-the-art machinery, delectable marble creations & aromatic spices in the G-20 countries and across the globe, RAJSICO has taken this step-in response.
- A state-of-the-art ODOP display window has been carefully crafted at Rajasthali Emporium, New Delhi, harmoniously blending contemporary aesthetics with traditional charm.