Governor Inaugurated Hanumanji Ropeway | 30 Sep 2023
Why In News?
On September 28, 2023, Rajasthan Governor Kalraj Mishra inaugurated the ropeway at Hanuman Ji Temple in Khole, Jaipur.
- This ropeway is built from Annapurna Mata Temple located in Hanuman Ji Temple to Vaishno Devi Mata Temple. With its construction, religious tourism will get a boost here.
- It is known that this place of Hanuman ji of Khole is Tapobhoomi. Sant Nirmal Das Ji Maharaj had done penance at this site and the temple construction work was done here by Pandit Radheshyam Choubey.
- In 1961, Pandit Radhelal Choubey established the Narwar Ashram Seva Samiti for the development of the temple.
- About the history of the temple:
- In the 60s, due to the fear of wild animals in the deserted place between the rainy drains and mountains flowing in the valley of the eastern hills of the city, the city dwellers could not even move here, then a courageous Brahmin turned to this deserted place and discovered a huge statue of Hanumanji lying on the mountain here.
- Seeing God in this deserted forest, the Brahmin started serving and worshiping Maruti Nandan Shri Hanuman ji here and he did not leave the place until he died.
- When this place was uninhabited, rainwater used to flow here from the depths of the mountains, that is why the temple was named Khole Ke Hanumanji.