Former DGP Neeraj Sinha becomes JSSC President | 16 Sep 2023
Why In News?
- On September 14, 2023, former Jharkhand Police DGP Neeraj Sinha has been made the Chairman of Jharkhand Staff Selection Commission. The Personnel Department has issued a notification in this regard.
- According to this notification, his appointment to the post of President will be considered effective from September 23. Whereas Neeraj Sinha's date of birth is January 8, 1962, hence he will remain in this post till the maximum age of 65 years from the date of joining Jharkhand Staff Selection Commission.
- The tenure of current president Sudhir Tripathi is ending on September 22.
- Retired Jharkhand DGP Neeraj Sinha is a 1987 batch Bihar cadre IPS officer.
- After the formation of the state, he was allotted the Jharkhand cadre. On February 12, 2023, he retired from the post of Jharkhand DGP. He was the DGP of Jharkhand for two years.
- Neeraj Sinha has also held the post of Hazaribagh SP Ranchi, SSP in many districts including SP, IG ADG in ACB and later Wireless and ACB DG.