Evidence of Primitive Man Found in Simdega | 08 Feb 2023
Why In News?
- According to information received from the media on 7 February 2023, evidence of primitive humans has been found in Simdega, known as natural beauty, hockey and tribal-dominated district.
- Dr. Anshumala Tirkey and Baleshwar Kumar Besra visited many places in the district and found rock paintings made by primitive humans. These rock paintings have been found from places like Biru, Bangru Ghosra, Chhuriya, Purnapani, Bhanwar Pahar of Kolebira and Parba of Jaldega.
- In Dhodijor village of Kersai Block, Neolithic period Grubhas have been mainly found. These have been found in more than five hundred numbers. Looking at the pictures, it seems that these pictures are from the Mesolithic period to the Neolithic period.
- This evidence of primitive man will be helpful in writing systematic history of Jharkhand. This evidence will also attract researchers of history, archaeology, anthropology and art.
- It is worth mentioning that Dr. Anshu Mala Tirkey, who discovered the rock paintings made by these primitive humans, is an independent archaeologist, research associate in the project of Indian Council of Social Science Research, while Baleshwar Kumar Besra is an independent archaeologist, in the project of Indian Council of Social Science Research (New Delhi). Research is helpful.