ATM Fraud Investigation Cell Set up in Haryana | 12 Aug 2022
Why in News?
On August 11, 2022, Haryana Police Spokesperson said that in view of increasing digital world as well as increasing cases of ATM frauds, State Crime Branch of Haryana Police has started 22 ATM Fraud Investigation Cells (AFIC) in all 22 districts of the state.
- The spokesperson said that the AFIC, which was started on July 1, 2022, has been handed over 132 untrace cases from different districts of the state for investigation by the State Crime Branch.
- It is worth noting that at present ATM is an important part of the life of common people. Criminals have worked to break into this important part. Many times in such financial fraud cases, untrace report is given by the district police and the accused escape.
- Additional Director General of Police (State Crime Branch) OP Singh has given strict instructions to solve this problem and work on untrace cases again. Under the same concept, ATM Fraud Investigation Cell has been started under State Crime Branch in Haryana, in which the initiative has been taken to solve the untrace cases of the districts.
- Often the accused escape due to lack of evidence in research, but the ATM Fraud Investigation Cell has been established keeping in mind these crimes, so that the hard earned money of the general public can be saved.
- At present, the cell working under the State Crime Branch is studying all the untrace cases closely, so that after solving these cases, the criminals can be put behind the bars and the public has faith in the action and loyalty of the police and Can be deep