Electron Mobility Transistor
Why in News
- Recently, the Indian Institute of Technology located in Indore, Madhya Pradesh has received a patent for the High Electron Mobility Transistor.
- The High Electron Mobility Transistor (HEMT) is generally an OFF device, which can convert up to 4 amps of current and operate at 600 volts. HEMTs are used as digital on-off switches in integrated circuits.
- HEMT transistors are able to operate at higher frequencies up to millimeter wave frequencies than ordinary transistors.
- It will have the following benefits-
- In devices related to 5G and 6G technology
- in the manufacture of modern electronic equipment
- In low power amplifiers and the defense industry
- In high-frequency products, such as cell phones, satellite television receivers, voltage converters and radar equipment