Dnyanganga Wildlife Sanctuary | 02 Dec 2019
Why in News
Recently a tiger travelled 1300 km distance between Maharashtra and Telangana passing through Dnyanganga Wildlife Sanctuary and Tipeshwar Tiger Reserve in Maharashtra.
Dnyanganga Wildlife Sanctuary
- The Dnyanganga Sanctuary is situated in the Buldhana district of Maharashtra.
- It is a part of the Melghat Tiger Reserve in Maharashtra.
- It is located near the Dnyanganga River which is a tributary of the Tapti River.
Tipeshwar Tiger Reserve
- It is located in Yawatmal district of Maharashtra.
- The rivers such as Purna, Krishna, Bhima, and Tapti flow through the sanctuary.
- Due to the presence of a sufficient quantity of water, it is also popularly known as Green Oasis of Maharashtra.